Tim Eldred is a highly prolific American illustrator, storyboard artist, director and writer. He was originally from Michigan. In the early 1980s he published his work in Pacific Comics' Wild Animals. In the early 1990s he was a designer for Gamemaster books. He has contributed to Cybersuit Arkadyne by Ianus Publications and Death Rattle for Kitchen Sink Press. He has also made numerous contributions to Starwars gaming sourcebooks and journals.
He worked on comic illustration gigs on Malibu Comics's Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and The Strangers, as well as the Star Blazers comic book series published by Voyage Entertainment. During his stint in Eternity Comics, he helped developed the 18-issue series Robotech: Invid War. Later, after realizing comic work wasn't very lucrative, Eldred moved into animation, creating several of the episodes of the Godzilla cartoon series that followed the late 1990's movie, and has since worked on storyboarding Ultimate Spiderman, The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and other Marvel and DC spinoffs. His most well known original comic work was the graphic novel Grease Monkey, which was published by Tor Books in 2007.
- Tim Eldred is a best known in the anime community as being a fan of Armored Trooper Votoms, whose influence could be seen in his early comic work.
- He is also known for being a major figure behind the Space Battleship Yamato fan community. So much so that he has created a site, Our Starblazers / Cosmo DNA - the name being a nod to the theme song of the original American adaptation.
- Cosmo DNA Sites
- Tim Eldred on IMDb
- Tim Eldred's Profile on Lambiek
- Tim Eldred on Wookiepedia
- Kelcid Crawford on Grease Monkey
|Notable Robotech Personalities|
|Artists and Writers|